On 26 May 2006 at 11:07, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mark Hindess wrote:
> <snip>
> > HARMONY-510 is causing every java invocation to exit with a glibc memory
> > corruption crash.  Which causes all the IBM vme/harmony hosted bits of
> > our builds to break - they "work" but ant sees the bad return code.
>
> That's a bit extreme -- I am running the tests, using our Ant scripts,
> on Windows and Linux and they are passing with build successful for me.

Recent versions of glibc check various memory problems... free
non-malloc'd memory is one of them.  In this case, it's trivial but it
can help catch serious problem so it is a good thing even if it is a
little annoying at times.  (And I don't know of a way to temporarily
disable it.  Does anyone else?)

And I don't really expect you to test on every version of Linux. ;-)

> I'm not claiming to be bug free, but I'm not checking in useless code
> either :-(

I don't think I said that.  If I did, it wasn't what I meant.

-Mark.