Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I understand your concerns about static linking of the large number of
> the libraries... We thought about this too...
>
> But we decided that for now it is the best way: we have to manage only
> few libraries inside the Harmony deploy directory... Which is changing
> its contents so often :)

I was holding my tongue on marks post - lets not waste too much time
discussing the dependencies.  Certainly for distributions, we'll bundle
them in where appropriate (like a tarball), or not (like an rpm where
the deps can be specified as part of the delivery system)

> Anyway it can be easily changed at any time.
>
> Another question about binary builds: Can we distribute third party
> libraries in the binary form from the Apache site?
> Geir? Tim?

Yes as part of our snapshots, distro...

geir