Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Yes, I understand this.
>
> But are you sure that every committer now and in the future has access
> to the different platforms and configurations?
>
> Committers, are you? :)

If I'm patching some general Java code then I just test on my local
workstation and wait for the build system to try it elsewhere; but if I
am writing code that is platform-specific then I will test locally on
windows and linux before committing (because I can).  As the number of
platforms increases then I'll need access to more architectures to test.

> 2006/6/26, Anton Luht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Alexey,
>>
>> As far as I understand Andrey, he suggests to run tests when a piece
>> of code is integrated into the code base, by the person who has access
>> to the repository (committer). A developer shouldn't test his piece of
>> code on any platform, though it'd be good if he did it and reported
>> results in the JIRA issue.
>>
>> I don't know if running tests for hours is suitable for integration
>> check, if so, I can suggest using Eclipse automated tests  (can be
>> found in download section for each Eclipse release). Total amount of
>> tests is > 10000 . They test Eclipse functionality quite deeply. Note:
>> they'll fail without GUI.

>> platforms/configurations covered by this procedure.
>> > I'm not sure that I get your idea correctly.
>> > Do you suggest to ask every developer to make some checks on different
>> > platforms and software configurations?
>> > If so... Yes, it is good for product stability.
>> > But it will be nearly impossible because very small number of
>> > developers have access to different platforms and software
>> > configurations...
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Anton Luht,