Dear Paula,

I think that having an online catalog is important for publicizing
your library collection. If the automation system offers that option,
I would take it - as long as the hosting company is reputable, I
don't think hacking should be a worry.

However, circulating materials to non-members is an altogether
different issue. You should not be coerced into circulating materials
to people with whom you have no connection. In that sense, synagogue
membership would be a great perk for your library and would benefit
your institution.

Many synagogue library catalogs will again be available on the new
AJL website, though that page is currently under construction.

Mazal tov on your new endeavor!

Joyce Levine, SSC President
Synagogues, Schools and Centers Division, AJL

---

Ha-Safran Archives:
Current:
History: