---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: agend...@publishersrow.com
Subject: re: [ha-Safran]: "Jewish Publication Society Sale Brings End to Era"

It is a truly sad event in the history of Jewish book publishing, especially
because it didn't have to be.

My company, Varda Graphics, has worked with JPS for many years; we had an
honor to be asked to do composition of some of the JPS most typographically
difficult titles, e.g. Hebrew-English Tanakh, Etz Hayim, Torah Commentaries
and others.

Given a chance, we could have enabled JPS not only survive but prosper in
this age of digital publishing and continue its awesome contribution to
Jewish life everywhere.

Alexander Gendler
Publisher, Varda Books
www.ebookshuk.com