Hi Robin. This situation also occurs in larger academic libraries, like
ours. We do have an ongoing book sale for our students and faculty with
such materials. You might consider just keeping a table or cart of books
available to the congregation, asking them for a small donation or
telling them to help themselves. I also have developed a list of places
that I know will accept donations or might even purchase books from us.
I'm attaching it so that you can get some ideas from it.

Please send me a summary of the responses you get. I'd like to post it
on the AJL Wiki, http://ajlwiki.pbworks.com/w/page/1636998/FrontPage,
so that when it comes up again there will be answers ready.  Thanks.

Debbie Stern, AJL VP for Publications
Mordecai M. Kaplan Library
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
1299 Church Road