Unfortunately, this is happening to librarians in all kinds of libraries
all over the country. Libraries are becoming other entities and librarians
are being replaced by library assistants, people with subject degrees and
not library degrees, or not at all. My sympathies to all those going
through this. I had it happen in academic libraries twice (4 librarian
positions eliminated and then when I did find another librarian position,
the subject library was eliminated). Luckily, my Jewish library job is
volunteer, so unless they decide they want the space for something else,
I'll always have that job. I hope those in library school are being
prepared for this new world.  Emily

Emily Bergman
Temple Sinai
Glendale, CA