Hello Safranim,

I am aware that many small Judaic libraries use the Elazar classification
scheme and wish there was some way of copy-cataloging so it would be easier to
assign a number to an item. For many years, Sinai Temple Library was in the
forefront of this because they used to provide a classification service to
these libraries before the wide use of online resources. When I moved here to
the Sperber Jewish Community Library last year, I decided to use Elazar for our
collection, but since we used the same catalog as the AJU Ostrow Library (who
use LC numbers), it was no longer easy for small libraries to see our
cataloging.

So I am letting everyone now know that librarians who are looking for our
numbers can find them more easily now. I wish I could offer the ability to copy
catalog, but at least now you can search our catalog if you want to see where
we put a book.  The website for both libraries is: https://ajula.worldcat.org/
but those looking for Elazar numbers can select our library from the drop down
menu and it will be limited to our holdings.  I did a screen print after
looking up the word "Succot" and I pasted it below.  Just click on the word
"Availability" and you will see how it is classified.

We know that many small libraries are staffed by volunteers and I am hoping
this new option will be useful to people.

Lisa Silverman
Library Director, Burton Sperber Jewish Community Library
[https://reg139.imperisoft.com/Pages/System/Image.aspx?id2=78]
Address: 15600 Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, California 90077
Phone: (310) 440-1264
Email: lisa.silver...@aju.edu<mailto:lisa.silver...@aju.edu>
Website: http://library.aju.edu<http://library.aju.edu/>

Results 1-10 of about 70 (.17 seconds)

[View the first page of results]First   [View the previous page of results]
Prev   1
2<https://ajula.worldcat.org/search?q=sukkot&fq=&se=%24d&sd=desc&dblist=638&start=11&qt=page_number_link>

3<https://ajula.worldcat.org/search?q=sukkot&fq=&se=%24d&sd=desc&dblist=638&start=21&qt=page_number_link>

Next<https://ajula.worldcat.org/search?q=sukkot&fq=&se=%24d&sd=desc&dblist=638&start=11&qt=next_page>[View
 the next page of
results]<https://ajula.worldcat.org/search?q=sukkot&fq=&se=$d&sd=desc&dblist=638&start=11&qt=next_page>

Top of Form
Select All<javascript:listCheckAll();>   Clear All<javascript:listClearAll();>

Save to:

Sort by:

Top results from all WorldCat libraries (5)

1.

[The mysterious guests : a Sukkot story by Eric A
Kimmel]<https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/mysterious-guests-a-sukkot-story/oclc/183879334&referer=brief_results>

The mysterious guests : a Sukkot
story<https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/mysterious-guests-a-sukkot-story/oclc/183879334&referer=brief_results>
by Eric A Kimmel; Katya Krenina; Holiday House (Firm),
[cid:image006.gif@01D3273B.0E8D95B0] Print book : Fiction : Primary school
Language: English
Publisher: New York : Holiday House, [2008] (c)2008
Database: WorldCat
Libraries that own this item: Sperber Jewish Community Library
*         Availability<javascript:void(0);>

2.

[Sukkot treasure hunt by Allison
Ofanansky]<https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/sukkot-treasure-hunt/oclc/244339562&referer=brief_results>

Sukkot treasure
hunt<https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/sukkot-treasure-hunt/oclc/244339562&referer=brief_results>
by Allison Ofanansky; Eliyahu Alpern
[cid:image006.gif@01D3273B.0E8D95B0] Print book : Fiction : Preschool View all
formats and languages
><https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/sukkot-treasure-hunt/oclc/244339562/editions?editionsView=true&referer=br&se=loc>
Language: English
Publisher: Minneapolis : Kar-Ben, (c)2009.
Database: WorldCat
Libraries that own this item: Sperber Jewish Community Library
*         Availability<javascript:void(0);>

*         View all editions
><https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/sukkot-treasure-hunt/oclc/244339562/editions?editionsView=true&referer=br&se=loc>

3.

[On Sukkot and Simchat Torah by Cathy Goldberg
Fishman]<https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/on-sukkot-and-simchat-torah/oclc/46777416&referer=brief_results>

On Sukkot and Simchat
Torah<https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/on-sukkot-and-simchat-torah/oclc/46777416&referer=brief_results>
by Cathy Goldberg Fishman; Melanie W Hall
[cid:image006.gif@01D3273B.0E8D95B0] Print book : Primary school View all
formats and languages
><https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/on-sukkot-and-simchat-torah/oclc/46777416/editions?editionsView=true&referer=br&se=loc>
Language: English
Publisher: Minneapolis, MN : Kar-Ben Pub., (c)2006.
Database: WorldCat
Libraries that own this item: Sperber Jewish Community Library
*         Availability<javascript:void(0);>

*         View all editions
><https://ajula.worldcat.org/title/on-sukkot-and-simchat-torah/oclc/46777416/editions?editionsView=true&referer=br&se=loc>

Bottom of Form