The after-Conference Amherst tour is happening!!

  The details are below, and also attached to this email.

Things you need to know if you want to join us:

1.     I am your tour planner and you are writing checks to me, not AJL, as
this is an after-conference event, so I am personally organizing it.

2.     The deadline to sending me the check is May 1.

3.     If you wait and want to decide after May 1, then it is possible that the
tour will be full, but if not, we may be able to accommodate.

4.     You need to make your own reservation for the hotel and ask for the AJL
rate. We have a limited number of rooms at that rate.

5.     We are surprised and delighted with the news that our art gallery host,
Rich Michelson, is also our Sydney Taylor Award winner this year! (Check out
the gallery website below-it is fabulous.)

6.     In the future, I will not be posting updates about this tour to
HaSafran-I will only send emails to those that have already expressed interest
to me. If you want to be on that email list, please let me know.

AJL Trip Itinerary to Amherst, MA-June 20-21, 2018
wednesday, june 20

2:30 pm

Bus leaves Temple Israel, Brookline

4:15 pm
4:15 - 4:45

Bus arrives at historic inn and tavern, Hotel Northampton,
  Check in to hotel http://www.hotelnorthampton.com/

4:45 - 6:45 pm

Walk to Michelson Galleries, Northampton, MA
http://www.rmichelson.com
Private tour of gallery by Rich Michelson.
Wine and hors d'oeuvres. Possible special artist/author appearances

6:45 pm

Dinner on your own in quaint and historic Northampton
(Kosher meals can be ordered in advance--there is no kosher restaurant within
walking distance)

Thursday, June 21

7:00 - 9:00 am
9:30 am
10:00 - 11:30 am

11:30 - 1:00 pm

1:00 pm

3:00-3:30 pm

Free continental breakfast available in hotel
Board bus to travel to Amherst, 20 minutes
  Arrive at Eric Carle Museum, private tour
https://www.carlemuseum.org/
Walk to nearby Yiddish Book Center, private tour
https://www.yiddishbookcenter.org/

Board bus, sack lunches provided for bus ride back to Boston

Arrive back to Holiday Inn, Brookline or other pre-arranged location in Boston,
to be decided according to request

price

Single or Double Room
2 day bus transportation
Thursday lunch
Two entrance fees
Pre-Pay TOTAL:

($160 plus tax, paid to hotel, call them to request AJL rate)
$150
$20
$16
$186, paid by check to Lisa Silverman, by May 1 to reserve spot

contact trip planner

Lisa Silverman

lisa.silver...@aju.edu

Lisa Silverman
Library Director, Burton Sperber Jewish Community Library
[https://reg139.imperisoft.com/Pages/System/Image.aspx?id2=78]
Address: 15600 Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, California 90077
Phone: (310) 440-1264
Email: lisa.silver...@aju.edu<mailto:lisa.silver...@aju.edu>
Website: http://library.aju.edu<http://library.aju.edu/>

American Jewish University -  celebrating 70 years of inspiring innovation in
education, community life and cultural experiences.