Andrea,
Someone else asked me a similar question, so I'll answer here for everyone.
My session with them was the 4th or 5th of a six week class taught by our
rabbi. He is using the Israel-Palestine for Critical Thinkers video series.
http://www.forcriticalthinkers.com/the-videos. I had sat in on their first
two sessions, so I knew that many of the students were knowledgeable, and
had been actively learning and asking questions for the last month. I had
experienced their questions as coming from a fair amount of holely
knowledge, which is why the rabbi wanted to teach this class. In our neck
of the woods here in Michigan, all of our students go to school with
Palestinians and other Muslims and Christians from the Middle East. They
are well aware of differing perspectives on the conflict.
For my session with them I divided the class of 6 students into 3 pairs.
Each pair read one of the articles I mentioned, including yours, and
reported to the whole group what they got out of it. We had a discussion
about balance and fairness. I then gave each pair 3 or 4 books, they each
looked at them by themselves, trading back and forth with their pair
partner, then had a brief discussion with their partner to see if they came
up with the same or different observations.  They then reported to the
whole group, but just on two titles. it was definitely not a thorough
examination, but they each came up with interesting observations about each
book. Mainly they got the message that they can critically look at books
for perspective, balance, fairness, etc, and that point of view when
writing about the Israeli Palestinian conflict is very important to
recognize.

Clare Kinberg, TBE Ann Arbor

Clare Kinberg