I just watched Heidi present with K.C. Boyd at the EMIERT Chair's Program
Promoting Multicultural Library Services in Virtual Spaces at the ALA
digital conference.  It was a great presentation, and the comments in the
Q&A space were very positive.  EMIERT is planning to make the
presentation available on their website, so I will send the link so
everyone can see it.

How did this happen?  I pushed to be on the EMIERT Program Committee.  The
Chair's Program was already set and was to be a very theoretical program
about ethnic materials.  When everything changed, the in-person program
wouldn't work online, and the committee had to come up with a new program
quickly, I suggested Heidi to join a DC school librarian to talk about this
topic, and we are so lucky she agreed.

I can't tell you how happy I am with how the program turned out.  It really
brought out the diversity of materials to have speakers from such different
backgrounds.

Thank you, Heidi, for stepping up and preparing for this program on short
notice that will reach a broad audience.  You are a superstar.

Emily

Emily Bergman
SSCPL President
AJL