Dear Safranim,
I am posting this on behalf of colleagues. Apologies for any duplication.
Please contact them with any questions.
Sincerely,
Amanda

Colleagues,

We are issuing a call for proposals for an edited volume tentatively
titled, *Critical Ethnic Studies in Academic and Research Libraries* to be
published by ACRL.

This book focuses on how academic and research libraries respond and
support ethnic studies, an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary field.
The book aims to highlight case studies on the role of the
academic/research library workers n supporting ethnic studies programs
(e.g. African American/Black Studies, Asian/Pacific American Studies,
Native American/Indigenous Studies, Jewish Studies, Middle Eastern American
Studies, Chicanx/Latinx Studies) through a variety of approaches such as
library instruction, outreach, liaison engagement, collections strategy,
curriculum support, special collections, digital scholarship/humanities,
data sciences, scholarly communications and other special projects.

In addition, case studies focusing on disciplinary areas in the humanities
and social sciences with an emphasis on ethnic studies are welcomed (e.g.
African American History, Asian American Literature, History of Native
American Art, US Latinx Literature, etc.). The sections of the book are
tentatively divided as the following:

*Section I: Instruction, Liaison Engagement and Outreach*

*Section II: Collections Strategy Programs *

(including technical services and special collections/archival work)

*Section III: Digital Scholarship/Humanities Work *

(including data-related collection work/projects)

*Section IV: Collaborations on Special Projects and Community Partnerships*

Proposals should contain a tentative title, an identified section, and an
abstract proposal: Up to 500 words in MS Word describing what you would
intend to submit for this book. Collaborations with teaching faculty are
strongly encouraged. We also welcome proposals from library
workers/archivists who may work in public/special libraries/research
centers that support ethnic studies curriculum, research or programs.

*Proposals due: October 2, 2020 and Notifications sent by: October 30,
2020 *

*Proposals will be reviewed by co-editors. Each selected chapter will run
between 2500-5000 words due in February 2021.*

*Expected Book Publication: May 2021.*

Please send questions and proposals as MS Word Document to:
acrlethnicstud...@gmail.com

Please share widely. Thank you!

Co-Editors:

Raymond Pun, Alder Graduate School of Education

Melissa Cardenas-Dow, Sacramento State University

Kenya S. Flash, Yale University

--

*Amanda (Miryem-Khaye) Seigel*

Librarian