It would be wonderful if the publisher/distributor would do that—I believe
that that was suggested in the UK (where much of the controversy seems to
have originated), but there, as far as I am aware, the publisher withdrew
the book from sale on its website instead of issuing a correction.

If anyone else has more up-to-date information, I hope that they'll share.

All best,
Erika