Adaire was part of the wonderful AJLSC network that welcomed me so warmly
to Los Angeles about a dozen years ago. I didn't know her well but
appreciated what I did know -- her abundant knowledge, her warmth, and her
wit.

I've enjoyed reading other people's memories of and tributes to Adaire's
role in their lives. May her memory be for a blessing.

Annette

Annette Y Goldsmith, PhD (she/her/hers)
Part-time Faculty, Kent State University iSchool
Guest Faculty, University of Washington iSchool
Librarian, Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel, Los Angeles
Member, 2024-2025 Sydney Taylor Book Award Committee

*Currently reading: *Reynolds, Emma. *Amara and the Bats*. (Atheneum, 2021)

"A book is like a world you can carry around with you."
Liniers.* Written and Drawn by Henrietta* (TOON Books, 2015)