I too spent the holiday weekend anxiously awaiting news from my family in
Israel, and b"h they are safe.

What each of us can do as members of AJL, the leading authority on Judaic
librarianship, is to ensure the continued access to historically accurate
materials to help inform the community at large about the background
leading up to the war in Israel and the worldwide rise of antisemitism.

My heart is in the East,

Jackie

On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 8:11 AM Biljana Albahari via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!0wqvnwIrw7cNuPxUVMhWCJ0mVzUQtwCABEvKCla-mxxbHNjlHtWl_Ufvb_gsZXY9_nTS0hRkPYIEfD2ks6XHPX0PQ0E5dg$>
>>> Earlier Listserver:
>>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!2zH8-pt7bndwu-BRhWhXi6LNPnG2yIskzkc9_yb9XWd-vVHRjtLsjiXWJt-dQvQUWSr1QU4gnNAuV4kxSXPcub8J$
>>>
>>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!0wqvnwIrw7cNuPxUVMhWCJ0mVzUQtwCABEvKCla-mxxbHNjlHtWl_Ufvb_gsZXY9_nTS0hRkPYIEfD2ks6XHPX0PQ0E5dg$>
>>> AJL HomePage
>>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!2zH8-pt7bndwu-BRhWhXi6LNPnG2yIskzkc9_yb9XWd-vVHRjtLsjiXWJt-dQvQUWSr1QU4gnNAuV4kxSccBDkWa$
>>>
>>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!0wqvnwIrw7cNuPxUVMhWCJ0mVzUQtwCABEvKCla-mxxbHNjlHtWl_Ufvb_gsZXY9_nTS0hRkPYIEfD2ks6XHPX24mcUnQg$>
>>> --
>>>
>> __
>> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
>> author
>> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
>> (AJL)
>> Ha-Safran Archives:
>> Current:
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!2zH8-pt7bndwu-BRhWhXi6LNPnG2yIskzkc9_yb9XWd-vVHRjtLsjiXWJt-dQvQUWSr1QU4gnNAuV4kxSXPcub8J$
>>
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!yHVrPiL5j5soJdAbLaUHM_EVUvE6GryCtL-tNKlrwuwO9CFOrG29Q46Kc-BJM4qW6t_oVMFM17q3_k_gaiv-5w$>
>> Earlier Listserver:
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!2zH8-pt7bndwu-BRhWhXi6LNPnG2yIskzkc9_yb9XWd-vVHRjtLsjiXWJt-dQvQUWSr1QU4gnNAuV4kxSXPcub8J$
>>
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!yHVrPiL5j5soJdAbLaUHM_EVUvE6GryCtL-tNKlrwuwO9CFOrG29Q46Kc-BJM4qW6t_oVMFM17q3_k_gaiv-5w$>
>> AJL HomePage
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!2zH8-pt7bndwu-BRhWhXi6LNPnG2yIskzkc9_yb9XWd-vVHRjtLsjiXWJt-dQvQUWSr1QU4gnNAuV4kxSccBDkWa$
>>
>> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!yHVrPiL5j5soJdAbLaUHM_EVUvE6GryCtL-tNKlrwuwO9CFOrG29Q46Kc-BJM4qW6t_oVMFM17q3_k9naa6skw$>
>> --

> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries

Jackie Ben-Efraim

*"Although the books had changed, I the reader had not." **Micha Yosef
Berdichevsky 1865-1921*

​Special Collections Librarian
Ostrow Library
American Jewish University