Hudak, Paul schrieb:

> I just wanted to mention that at Yale we are still working on CCA
> (causal commutative arrows) to get higher performance digital audio.
> Although it may seem objectionable to use arrows at all, it has some
> key advantages.  For example, you can write recursive signals with no
> problem, and they will (theoretically) get optimized as well as
> straight-line code.

In the meantime I am more and more moving to Arrows or Arrow like
structures. On the one hand it is often the more appropriate data
structure since it models exactly the causality of signal processes and
has much less risk for memory leaks (compared to lazy lists). On the
other hand it is sad, that Arrows often need more type tricks in order
to work and that with arrows I am forced more or less to pointfree
style. I like pointfree style for simple chains of operations but I do
not like it for diamond-like graphs, i.e. re-use the result of one
signal process multiple times. For simplifying those situation I have
recently written a package. It allows me to locally pick the output of
an arrow and provide an arrow that gives me easy access to that output
in a later process.

 http://hackage.haskell.org/package/functional-arrow