On 1/13/13 1:53 PM, Alfredo Di Napoli wrote:
Thank you Alexander for the reply.
My wondering is: is Hask a category created by Haskell researchers or was
something already present in literature?

Hask was created by Haskellers in discussions on blogs etc. If one is being particular about the details, it's not clear that Haskell types and functions actually do form a category of interest, let alone one with the properties commonly attributed to Hask (e.g., Cartesian closedness). One of the big problems is how laziness/bottoms are treated (e.g., eta-conversion does not hold in general).

Thus, I'm not sure it's ever been discussed in the literature; it's more a helpful fiction than a legitimate mathematical object.

--
Live well,
~wren