Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
Am Samstag, 26. November 2005 03:56 schrieb Geoffrey Alan Washburn:
[lots of code]

It's interesting to note how verbose Java is in comparison to Haskell, at least, concerning this monad stuff.

I'd agree. However, my original point was that my version that uses generics is still significantly less verbose than the version without. I think much of the overhead is that Java simply doesn't do as much type inference for you. Scala can do much better still because it has first-class functions and algebraic data types ("case classes").