Hi

That's exactly the problem! For most people there *is* no difference.
You say "functional programming" to most people, even professional
programmers, and usually the only chance you have of getting them to
understand what what you mean is by asking "so, have you heard of
Lisp, or Scheme?"

Talking to professional programmers, if I tell anyone I program in
Haskell they nearly always say "oh, Pascal, that's cool". No one knows
what functional programming is, Scheme/Lisp are the closest. Maybe we
should try and hijack the phrase functional programming - Haskell is
just too similar to Pascal.

Thanks

Neil