On 12/12/06, Andy Georges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

> Actually, the more I think of it, the more I think we should rename
> the language altogether. It seems like people say "Haskell" with
> stress on the first syllable if they were either on the committee or
> learned it inside academia, and "Haskell" with stress on the second
> syllable if they learned it from online sources. And we really don't
> need more pronunciation-based class distinctions.

If you'd all speak West-Flemish, the problem would solve itself :-)

Didn't this discussion originally start out as a warning not to say
"If you'd all speak [or program in] _____, the problem would solve
itself"? :-)

Cheers,
Kirsten

--
Kirsten Chevalier* [EMAIL PROTECTED] *Often in error, never in doubt
"What you call 'lying', other people would call 'abstraction'." -- Alex Aiken