Daniel McAllansmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> There are other reasons for a version bump than breaking compatibility.

> Technical reasons?

Well - say I refactor everything, and use algorithms with different
run-time complexities, and possibly introduce different bugs than the
ones the applications have come to rely on/work around.  Even if
the interface is type-level compatible, a conservative application
would still prefer to link with the old version.

-k