On 15 Jun 2008, at 07:41, Deborah Goldsmith wrote:

On Jun 14, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Don Stewart wrote:
tom.davie:
In the mean time -- who knows enough to make ghc target ARM, and get
this to link against the iPhone libraries? This would be quite a coup
if it could be made to run there!

I'd be interested. We should start a wiki page for Haskell on the
iphone..

It's an interesting idea, but I think it would need to be a cross- compiler. Does ghc support cross-compilation?

The most obvious place to start I guess would be using -fvia-C and the C cross compiler that apple supply. I'll certainly be looking into this as soon as I get an iPhone (which unfortunately I need to wait for 3G one in Belgium).

Bob