Jeremy Shaw wrote:
If any does attempt to build for the ARM, please, please, please,
document what you do in the wiki. And, if you do, edit the wiki as you
go, you definitely won't be able to remember what you did after the
fact. (Or, at the very least, use some program to capture everything
you do so that you can refer to it later).

And, finally, I heard vague rumors a while ago that made me think that
GHC 6.10 might have a pure ANSI-C backend? Is there any truth to this?
That would make porting much easier if it meant you did not have to do
steps 1-4.

j.
ps. I would be happy to try to answer any questions if someone tries a
port. I would still like to run GHC on my 770, and I hope to own an
iPhone if they fix a few ommisions (bluetooth keyboard support, and
similar stuff).

I recently acquired the ARM-based Nokia N810 (and <3 it), powered by Maemo. Running a uname -a on it:

Linux Nokia-N810-42-19 2.6.21-omap1 #2 Fri Nov 16 16:24:58 EET 2007 armv6l unknown

I would love a working GHC implementation on it, if for nothing else than how awesome it would be. Whether that means using a C back-end or native compilation doesn't matter to me so much.

I might be one to attempt this, as I know C and ARM-ish asm decently well and have a powerful desktop to compile on. I have no familiarity with GHC internals, though. Lastly, I won't have anything like the time to attempt this seriously until mid-September or so.

Braden Shepherdson
shepheb