Krzysztof Skrzętnicki wrote:
My experience from using GHC under Windows XP is very similar. Many
packages (especially those involving bindings to C packages) are at
least painful to build.

+1

Also have to love packages that use Unix-specific features as part of their build process. (I even found a page on the Wiki that recommends the use of Bash scripts. Hmm...)

I vividle remember Dons repeatedly telling me that I should try out [some package who's name escapes me], and then discovering that it doesn't actually work on Windows at all. (Couldn't this critical information be included somewhere prominent on Hackage??)