Eugene Kirpichov ha scritto:
Well, I thought about these 10's of emails too; probably hackage could
send an email when a new broken build arrives but only if there were
no 'unresolved' broken builds before this one; or probably an email at
the first broken build and a weekly email reminding "you've got some
unresolved broken builds".

As for missing C libraries: could cabal probably integrate with the
native package manager (apt/rpm/..) and ask the user whether to invoke
it to install these libraries in case they are missing?

I like the idea.
An "external package" database, where for each "software" we have an Haskell name, with this name mapped to each specific package.

However, this
is not a solution for Windows since there's no native package manager.

For windows an "Haskell external package" name can be mapped to an URL to a "well know" Windows installer.

> [...]

Manlio Perillo