And rename "empty" to "fail"? You managed to confuse me since I always use pSucceed to recognise the empty string.

 Doaitse

On 1 jun 2009, at 01:21, Ross Paterson wrote:

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 09:40:38PM +0200, S. Doaitse Swierstra wrote:
A new version of the uu-parsinglib has been uploaded to hackage. It is
now based on Control.Applicative where possible.

Be warned that functions like some and many will be redefined in the
future.

Perhaps we should make some and many methods of Alternative, <* and *>
methods of Applicative and <$ a method of Functor, all with the current
definitions as defaults.  (John Meacham was also asking for the first
of these.)