David Leimbach wrote:
Note that foldl' has a ' to indicate that it's not the same as foldl
exactly.  I would propose that sum' exist as well as sum, and that sum be
lazy.

I wish Haskell allowed ! to occur (non-initially) in alphanum_' identifiers as well as in symbolic ones. Then we could be more consistent about having ! mean strictness like it does with ($!), bang patterns, strict fields,... (too bad about (!) and (!!)). The prime has so many other uses, it's a shame it gets used up for strict/lazy variants, as if there were no other variations.

--
Live well,
~wren