On 11/02/2010 08:37 PM, wren ng thornton wrote:
Indeed. If your program requires unification or constraint solving then logic programming or constraint programming[1] is the way to go.

Would you be kind enough to give me or point me towards a good example of such a case? I've been trying to understand what the point of logic languages is for a while now, but whenever I look at them I have trouble seeing what exactly it is they offer that solves some problems better/more easily than functional languages.

Thanks!
Greg