On 21/12/2011 10:09 AM, Jesse Schalken wrote:
IIRC, Scite's default configuration is with non-monospace font. I
actually found it quite appealing, and in fact forgot about it entirely
after some usage. It is much easier on the eyes to read. The difference
is really whether you care about aligning things mid-line or not, not to
mention editor support (i.e. not Vim or other terminal-based editor).

SciTE's default binding /is/ proportional, not mono-space. I find it ever so irritating. Then again, I'm sure this one comes squarely down to personal preference, so it seems pointless to debate it.

LaTeX offers the possibility of mid-line alignment even if you don't use monospace - a feature which I haven't seen in any other text processing system. It's a pitty this isn't more widespread...