On 21 Dec 2011, at 11:09, Jesse Schalken wrote:

> IIRC, Scite's default configuration is with non-monospace font. I actually
> found it quite appealing, and in fact forgot about it entirely after some
> usage. It is much easier on the eyes to read. The difference is really
> whether you care about aligning things mid-line or not, not to mention editor
> support (i.e. not Vim or other terminal-based editor).

Right, ASCII code that relies on monospace for such midline alignments can be
quite unreadable, but otherwise it has nothing really to contribute.
Non-monospace might in fact be more readable, taking away the fact that it may
take some time to get used to it, since monospace has been used so much.

For such alignments, one would either to write to code so it does not depend on
it, or find some other means to do it.

Hans