How hard is it to keep an offline stack environment?

Imagine I have sufficient disk and occasional network connectivity. I want
to download everything I may ever need for using a fixed version of stack
(1.6.1) and a fixed version of resolver (lts-9.17).

I want to be in a position where I can run any stack command while
disconnected and have it not access the network even as my project grows
more dependencies within lts boundaries.

I tried to search Google for things similar to this with only 2 year old
stack-offline <https://github.com/cblp/stack-offline> matching my search.
Is it the best option out there?

Thanks
Greg