José Romildo Malaquias:

> M.E.F.N ==>
> > In fact you would probably be better of by hiding the prelude
> > and overloading + and friends on your own.

> Is there any directions on how to hide the prelude and still use the
> definitions it exports?
>
> Romildo.

Selective import or selective hiding from the Prelude is easy,
you mention explicitly what do you want to hide: classes, methods
etc.

Cuidado, though!

If you tinker with the class Num, you might get some nasty surprises,
for example the automatic overloading of numeric constants through
fromInt etc. will not work. I did it, I introduced such classes as
AdditiveGroup, Monoid, Ring, Field, etc., getting rid of Num and
its friends, and I passed a few very bad nights.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France.

PS. Caeterum censeo, categoria Num delendam esse puto!!