Hi Kevin (and all other readers),

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I decided to go with the
python-script option.

I was working through the tutorials you mentioned at
https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/DataUse/Exploring+ConnectomeDB+with+Python
 . I have downloaded and installed all libraries and managed to open a working
session. However I am unable to do the basics, such as listing the projects.
For example when I run:

>>> cdb.select.projects().get()

I get the following errror:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyxnat-0.9.5.3-py2.7.egg/pyxnat/core/resources.py",
 line 842, in get
    return [urllib.unquote(uri_last(eobj._uri)) for eobj in self]
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyxnat-0.9.5.3-py2.7.egg/pyxnat/core/resources.py",
 line 663, in __iter__
    eid = urllib.unquote(res[id_header])
KeyError: 'ID'

However, when I run the following command and specify a project this time,
there are no errors.

>>> q2 = cdb.select.project('HCP_Q2')

But when I want to see what is inside of this project object as described in
the tutorial, I get nothing, but I should have got a list of subjects:

>>>[subject.label() for subject in q2.subjects()]
[ ]

I am running these on an Ubuntu 13.04 machine with Python 2.7.4. Am I doing
something wrong?

Best wishes,

Salim