The switch in command was my suggestion, as -from-template means it will
always match the brainordinates of the template file, while the previous
command did not specify the ROI files that are required in order to make
-cifti-create-dense-scalar match the input brainordinate space (and in rare
cases, -cifti-create-dense-scalar can't reproduce the input brainordinate
space, because it puts the structures in a predetermined order every time).

Tim