> On Oct 4, 2016, at 9:03 PM, Ely, Benjamin <benjamin....@mssm.edu> wrote:
>
> Thanks Steve, that's good to keep in mind. Our acquisition is a single
> "HCP-like" 15 minute run at MB6, 2.1mm isotropic resolution, TR=1s, AP phase
> encoding, 32-channel head coil on a 3T Skyra; hopefully that gives us a
> similar temporal profile.

It’s not much about the acquisition protocol (though in the multiband era, MB
is now related to scanner transmitter stability), but rather the scanner
stability itself.

> Sounds like I should compare our temporal stability against the HCP's - is
> there a measure you recommend?

HCP Connectom Skyra scanner has quite small temporal drift and a very linear
trend (specific to the gradient and body coil hardware characteristics), which
a typical Skyra can’t match. To determine what detrending cutoff you should use
for your site-specific data, you could run a 5-10min fBIRN phantom scan with
your fMRI protocol and look at the scanner stability.