The TR=0.72s, but I think that is correct.

Peace,

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of "HINDRIKS, RIKKERT"
<rikkert.hindr...@upf.edu<mailto:rikkert.hindr...@upf.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 8:48 AM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] Slice-timing correction and latency structure of
resting-state fMRI data

Dear all,

I am analyzing the latency structure of some of the HCP resting-state fMRI data
and I want to make sure that this makes sense, given that no slice-timing
correction has been applied to the data. I would appreciate it if someone could
confirm that the following reasoning is correct:

Since the entire brain is scanned in 0.78 seconds (one sample), it does no make
sense to analyze signals latencies < 1 sample, because such small latencies
will be distorted. In particular, it does not make sense to  interpolate the
cross-covariance functions as done in one of Mitra's papers).

However, latencies > 1 sample are distorted only by an amount of < 1 sample and
they can hence be analyzed. So, for example, if two signals have a latency of
10 samples, the true latency lies between 9 and 11 samples (assumed that the
latency is accurately estimated).

Thanks and kind regards,
Rikkert Hindriks