Hi Michelle,

I am not yet familiar with what changes NITRC has incorporated into the newer NITRC-CE HCP AMI (v0.45). However, I don't believe that the whether you are using v0.44 or v0.45 would have any relationship to the problem you describe. The error message you provided seems to relate to the authorization scheme supported by Amazon's S3 service. (I am assuming that by a "Standard bucket" you mean an S3 bucket. I'm guessing you've created your own S3 bucket?)

Please have a look at the following pages:

 * https://github.com/yegor256/s3auth/issues/214
 *
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26533245/the-authorization-mechanism-you-have-provided-is-not-supported-please-use-aws4
 * https://www.s3express.com/kb/item44.htm
 *
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/sig-v4-authenticating-requests.html
 * https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/UsingAWSSDK.html

These seem to indicate that the problem is the mechanism being used to send credentials (username and password) to the S3 bucket to gain access to it and the version of the protocol being used to send the credentials.

What exactly are you trying to do when you get this error? Are you trying to move the data from the EBS volume to the S3 bucket? If so, what tool or command are you using to do that? Are you simply trying access data already in the S3 bucket? Again, if so, what tool or command are you using when you get the error message?

  Tim