Dear HCP users,

HCP  has released thickness, surface area values based on DK (Desikan-Killiany)
atlas in a csv file. I would like to extract those values using Destrieux
atlas. To verify, whether am I following the correct procedure, I have
extracted regional cortical thickness data using MATLAB from the HCP directory
(/HCP_1200/100206/MNINonLinear/Native/) using DK atlas and compared with HCP
released values. The values are same. Now, I am using connectome-workbench to
estimate regional surface area using DK atlas. However, the extracted value
does not match with HCP provided value.

To extract the area of left bankssts area (key 1) from
/HCP_1200/100206/MNINonLinear/Native/, I am using the following connectome
workbench commands:

wb_command -gifti-label-to-roi 100206.L.aparc.native.label.gii roi.func.gii
-key 1

wb_command -metric-weighted-stats roi.func.gii -sum -area-surface
100206.L.midthickness.native.surf.gii -show-map-name

Could you please tell me whether am I using the correct commands? When I used
*pial*.surf.gii or *white*.surf.gii instead of *midthickness*.surf.gii file in
the second command, still the extracted value does not match with the HCP
released value.

Once I figure out the correct approach, I would replace the *aparc.*.label.gii
file in the first command, with *aparc.a2009s*.label.gii to extract surface
area using Destrieux atlas.

Thanking you,

Subhadip

Subhadip Paul