Hi Darko, hi all,

Are these average images using the exact same color scale? It’d help if the
surface geometries were the same (e.g., the same inflated for all). But
assuming that the color scale is the same, and trying to see over the geometry
differences, looks like the averages between the two groups aren’t that
massively different, or at least not that asymmetric, correct?

Then taking this together with the Cohen’s d maps, for me this raises the
possibility that there could be a large outlier in one hemisphere – perhaps a
subject who moved a bit too much laterally between collection of T1 and T2? Or
maybe a subject whose right pial reconstruction wasn’t correct and led to a
much thinner cortex, thus with the myelin profile taken too far away from the
others (i.e., the mid-thickness too off)?

I guess you might want to investigate on a per-subject and per vertex basis...
For example, take some vertices where the difference between L and R is large
and check how the values vary between subjects, see if there are too
influential observations, then open the images for this/these subjects and see
if something went wrong along the pipeline… You can also open the residuals and
see if there are large outliers with a lot of spatial spread.

These are just suggestions… hope they could help anyway…

All the best,

Anderson