Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation. I will combine both of your
suggestions and have a try then. :)

Best regards,
Xinyang

At 2018-09-22 04:43:55, "Timothy Coalson" <tsc...@mst.edu> wrote:

-cifti-cross-correlation is for when you want to correlate between two
different files.  If you want roi-to-roi correlations, it is not the best way
to get them.

The easy way to get roi-to-roi correlations is to use -cifti-parcellate and
then -cifti-correlation.  However, you first need to convert your ROIs into a
cifti dlabel file.  To do that, first use -cifti-create-dense-from-template to
convert your ROI files to cifti dscalar, using some standard 91282 grayordinate
file as the template, then concatenate them.  You then need to use
-cifti-reduce, computing both the INDEXMAX and the MAX reductions, and then use
-cifti-math to multiply the INDEXMAX file by whether the MAX file is nonzero at
that location (something like 'index * (max > 0)').  The point of this is to
make a single map where each ROI has a different nonzero integer value, and
where there is no ROI, it is zero.  This file can then be used in
-cifti-label-import to make the dlabel file.

Tim