Use swap space.

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Timothy Coalson <tsc...@mst.edu<mailto:tsc...@mst.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 4:57 PM
To: Reza Rajimehr <rajim...@gmail.com<mailto:rajim...@gmail.com>>
Cc: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Question about dense functional connectome

The cifti format doesn't support that, because it is designed to allow use
without loading the entire file into memory - there is no obvious file
organization that would allow efficient loading of a full row from a single
triangular file, when seek times are nontrivial (rotating disks).  I don't
believe we have these files in any other format.  I'm also not sure how easy it
would be to work on such a matrix in matlab.  If wb_command is capable of doing
the operations you want, it is usually possible for it to do them without
maps from it without loading the entire file into memory.

DDR4 has 16GB modules available at reasonable prices, which should allow recent
computers with even 4 slots for memory to expand to 64GB.  You should also
consider the "high-end desktop" platforms (threadripper, lga2066, lga2011),
which typically offer 8 memory slots, and processors with more cores.

Tim

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Reza Rajimehr