Konstantin,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
<shv.had...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Suresh, Sanjay.
>
> 1. I asked for benchmarks many times over the course of different
> discussions on the topic.
> I don't see any numbers attached to jira, and I was getting the same
> response,
> Doug just got from you, guys: which is "why would the performance be
> worse".
> And this is not an argument for me.

We had done testing earlier and had found that performance had not degraded.
We are waiting for out performance team to publish the official numbers to
post it to the jira. Unfortunately they are busy qualifying 2xx releases
currently. I will get the perf numbers and post them.

> 2. I assume that merging requires a vote. I am sure people who know bylaws
> better than I do will correct me if it is not true.
> Did I miss the vote?

As regards to voting, since I was not sure about the procedure, I had
consulted Owen about it. He had indicated that voting is not necessary. If
the right procedure is to call for voting, I will do so. Owen any comments?

> It feels like you are rushing this and are not doing what you would expect
> others to
> do in the same position, and what has been done in the past for such large
> projects.

I am not trying to rush here and not follow the procedure required. I am not
sure about what the procedure is. Any pointers to it is appreciated.

--
Regards,
Suresh