From: suresh srinivas <srini30...@gmail.com>
To: hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Wed, April 27, 2011 10:02:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss] Merge federation branch HDFS-1052 into trunk

I posted the TestDFSIO comparison with and without federation to HDFS-1052.
Please let me know if it addresses your concern. I am also adding it here:

TestDFSIO read tests
*Without federation:*
----- TestDFSIO ----- : read
           Date & time: Wed Apr 27 02:04:24 PDT 2011
       Number of files: 1000
Total MBytes processed: 30000.0
     Throughput mb/sec: 43.62329251162561
Average IO rate mb/sec: 44.619869232177734
IO rate std deviation: 5.060306158158443
    Test exec time sec: 959.943

*With federation:*
----- TestDFSIO ----- : read
           Date & time: Wed Apr 27 02:43:10 PDT 2011
       Number of files: 1000
Total MBytes processed: 30000.0
     Throughput mb/sec: 45.657513857055456
Average IO rate mb/sec: 46.72107696533203
IO rate std deviation: 5.455125923399539
    Test exec time sec: 924.922

TestDFSIO write tests
*Without federation:*
----- TestDFSIO ----- : write
           Date & time: Wed Apr 27 01:47:50 PDT 2011
       Number of files: 1000
Total MBytes processed: 30000.0
     Throughput mb/sec: 35.940755259031015
Average IO rate mb/sec: 38.236236572265625
IO rate std deviation: 5.929484960036511
    Test exec time sec: 1266.624

*With federation:*
----- TestDFSIO ----- : write
           Date & time: Wed Apr 27 02:27:12 PDT 2011
       Number of files: 1000
Total MBytes processed: 30000.0
     Throughput mb/sec: 42.17884674597227
Average IO rate mb/sec: 43.11423873901367
IO rate std deviation: 5.357057259968647
    Test exec time sec: 1135.298
{noformat}

--
Regards,