I kind of echo Junping’s comment too.

While 2.8 and 3.0 don’t need to be serialized in theory, in practice I’m
desperately looking for help on 2.8.0. We haven’t been converging on 2.8.0 what
with 50+ blocker / critical patches still unfinished. If postponing 3.x alpha
to after a 2.8.0 alpha means undivided attention from the community, I’d
strongly root for such a proposal.

Thanks
+Vinod