Nope.

I’m proposing making a new 3.x release (as has been discussed in this thread)
off today’s trunk (instead of creating a fresh branch-3) and create a new
trunk-incompt where incompatible changes that we don’t want in 3.x go.

This is mainly to avoid repeating the “we are not releasing 3.x off trunk”
issue when we start thinking about 4.x or any such major release in the future.

We’ll do 2.8.x independently and later figure out if 2.9 is needed or not.

+Vinod