+1 (non-binding)

Thanks,
Bharat

On 3/20/18, 11:21 AM, "Owen O'Malley" <owen.omal...@gmail.com> wrote:

    All,

    Following our discussions on the previous thread (Merging branch HDFS-7240
    to trunk), I'd like to propose the following:

    * HDSL become a subproject of Hadoop.
    * HDSL will release separately from Hadoop. Hadoop releases will not
    contain HDSL and vice versa.
    * HDSL will get its own jira instance so that the release tags stay
    separate.
    * On trunk (as opposed to release branches) HDSL will be a separate module
    in Hadoop's source tree. This will enable the HDSL to work on their trunk
    and the Hadoop trunk without making releases for every change.
    * Hadoop's trunk will only build HDSL if a non-default profile is enabled.
    * When Hadoop creates a release branch, the RM will delete the HDSL module
    from the branch.
    * HDSL will have their own Yetus checks and won't cause failures in the
    Hadoop patch check.

    I think this accomplishes most of the goals of encouraging HDSL development
    while minimizing the potential for disruption of HDFS development.

    The vote will run the standard 7 days and requires a lazy 2/3 vote. PMC
    votes are binding, but everyone is encouraged to vote.

    +1 (binding)

    .. Owen