All the firmware is currently built with Xilinx Vivado (closed source
tooling provided by the FPGA vendor). None of the open tooling is up to the
task of something the complexity of the HDMI2USB firmware yet and probably
won't be until the end of the year at the earliest (I'm writing that as a
developer of the open tooling).

Tim 'mithro' Ansell