On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 06:37:11PM -0700, Henry B (Hank) Hotz, CISSP wrote:
> Is that why I’m the only one who ever complains about
> autotools/configure? Does that mean I should consider NetBSD/arm to be
> a hopeless cause? 8-/

Nobody likes autotools.

Autotools is useful for writing code configuration profiles, but we
should can those and ship them with appropriate Makefiles, and then
users should only have to pick an appropriate profile (if none then run
the autotools configure) and build.

And I want desperately to get rid of libtool.

> Still think there is value to putting the appropriate notices in the
> release notes and announcements though.

Sure, but this thing would have been exactly as surprising as you and
others have found it.

Nico