Hi Andrei
May I ask another question? How I can debug this behaviour? I believe that BIOS initializes this adapter. Need to say that "PnP OS" was setted to "Yes" value. I've changed it to "No" and ... same silence in the minicom. Then I pulled out this adapter and inserted this pci serial adapter to the other PC computer. It has already integrated COM port, this one is working fine, I have tried to do serial connection via pci adapter, but again I've got nothing. I just want to figure out is this something I can do with motherboard or my pci adapter is not compatible. If I need to change this card do you have list of pci, pci-e card that successfully can by used? Is it possible I've faced to situation when two motherboards can't initialize this hardware?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

On 2016-10-18 06:47, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
17.10.2016 22:22, Songatov Rishat пишет:
Hi thank you for helping me!

Unfortunately I haven't got serial access to the grub after adding this
piece of configuration:

insmod pci
insmod serial
insmod terminal
insmod terminfo

###serial --speed=115200 --port=a880 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
serial --speed=115200 --unit=0 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1

terminal_input serial
terminal_output serial

May be I need some sleep time after inserting pci.mod. How I can do this?

You can pause with "sleep NN" but as I already wrote this is not likely
to work anyway - either GRUB needs code to initialize your PCI card or
BIOS should do it. Try BIOS settings, in the past it was common to have
something like "PnP OS" where "no" would cause BIOS to initialize all
available hardware and "yes" would leave it to operating system.

Best regards