Hello,

Niclas Hoyer <i...@niclashoyer.de> skribis:

> I'm trying to install Guix SD on a Gigabyte GA-41M-ES2L running
> libreboot. Grub recognizes the usb stick and shows the menu entry "GNU
> with Linux-Libre 4.5 (beta)". Linux seems to boot, but the computer
> resets pretty soon. Even using a serial cable I can't see any error message.
>
> The last line displayed is "[    0.208002] .... node  #0, CPUs:
> #1". The full serial log (including libreboot) can be downloaded here:
> https://libreboot.niclashoyer.de/guixsd/usb-boot.log

The boot log stops at:

[    0.205140] x86: Booting SMP configuration:
[    0.208002] .... node  #0, CPUs:      #1

So it looks like the kernel doesn’t even boot, unless the log is
truncated.

Did you try running Linux-libre 4.5 or newer before on this hardware?
Several people have reported running GuixSD on Libreboot-powered
machines, but presumably this was different hardware.

Thanks,
Ludo’.